Throughout the few years I’ve been blogging, the industry has changed so much. It’s crazy to look back and remember that we didn’t have all of these great blogging tools that we have today! Having been at a point in my life where I didn’t have a good amount of time to devote to blogging, I know how important efficiency is when it comes to blogging. Today I thought I’d share 8 must have blogging tools you need now that can help your productivity!
01. Linktree: Linktree is my most recent find and has been so helpful even in the short time I’ve used it! I’m sure you all know that Instagram only allows one link in your profile, so with Linktree, you still have that one link, but once you click on it, there are several links to click on! This is the best way to optimize that prime real-estate in your IG bio. All you have to do once you’ve created an account, is start adding links to your linktree and then add the link to your Instagram bio!
02. Tailwind: I think it’s hilarious when people think I’m on Pinterest all the time because I’m definitely not (who has time for that??). Little do they know, I just use Tailwind! Tailwind is a scheduling tool for Pinterest (and Instagram) that allows you to bulk upload images, schedule posts based on when your audience is most engaged, and more. It’s super easy to navigate – plus, you can hover over certain photos and the Tailwind button will pop up. You can use this for scheduling things you find on the web that you’d like to share on Pinterest. When you sign up, you get your first 100 pins free!
03. Unsplash: Are you ever in a pinch and don’t have time to take your own photos for your blog? No worries, Unsplash has free, high-resolution photos that you can use for anything. This website comes in handy for me when I can’t get good lighting or I don’t have time to take photos. They have a great selection of some really beautiful photos!
04. Canva: My #1 secret blogging tool is Canva. Yeah, I know, it’s not really a secret, but it’s definitely my #1 most used blogging tool. I use it multiple times a week and it’s helped me leaps and bounds! Canva is basically a graphic design system for people like me who have no graphic design experience whatsoever. I use it to make my blog’s pinnable images, YouTube thumbnails, and I even just used it to make my business cards! Canva offers so many great templates ranging from YouTube channel art, Pinterest graphics, desktop wallpapers, and even ebooks! They also have a selection of great, free photos, layouts, shapes, texts, and more. I highly recommend it for all creators!
05. Bullet Journal: Another tool that I spend a lot of time using is my bullet journal. I have pages for a month’s full of content, ideas, lists of what to include in blog posts, video ideas, and more! I think it’s a great way to have all of my written ideas in one place. Using my bullet journal has also helped me keep my schedule organized when it comes to having my blog posts ready to go live throughout the month. Here are some great bullet journal layout ideas for blogging and business.
06. Evernote: Evernote is a tool that has been a tremendous help for both Gary and I. We use it to collaborate together on different ideas, keep track of scanned documents, and more! I personally think it’s a great way to keep blog post ideas, images for inspiration, to do lists, and email templates all in one place. I highly recommend it if you have a partner or someone you collaborate with frequently!
07. Later: I’m sure most of you have heard about Later, but I thought I’d mention it anyways because it has helped me so much with Instagram! Later is an app where you can schedule your Instagram photos. When you open the app, you upload your photo, click on the photo, and then “create post”. Once you begin creating your post, you write out your caption and then schedule your photo! After you’ve scheduled your photo, you can click “schedule” and then the little eye button in the top left corner. This will allow you to look at your photo on your Instagram profile before posting it to make sure it goes with your Insta theme! Later will then notify you when it’s time to make your post live. The greatest aspect about Later, in my opinion, is that upon notifying you, you can press “Post Now”, which will copy your caption for you and all you have to do is open it in the app!
08. Headline Analyzer: My newest find, Headline Analyzer is something I use every time I think of a new blog post title. All you have to do is enter your blog post title and it’ll analyze your title by scoring its quality and rate its ability to result in things like social shares, SEO, and increased traffic. I highly recommend it for all bloggers!
What tools do you use for blogging?